Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New soreness!

So I've accomplished Day 4's workout and meditation.  I'm definitely sore from something, I believe it's the combination punches.  I can feel some back muscles that have never truly been worked that way before.  I must confess, I've been doing more jump roping / cardio warm-up than suggested on the workouts.  It's a habit that developed from PCP, daily jump roping / cardio.  Also, the sit-up portion, I've been doing more reps there as well.  It may sound silly, but I don't want to loose what I've maintained and developed physically through PCP.

The flexibility sections are testing my patience a bit.  My hips are tight. The workouts are not super challenging.  Maybe it's because I've kept up with the PCP workouts.  But even after the entire KFB workout, my body doesn't feel loose/warm enough to stretch.  I know, I know...KFB is going to swing into full force soon enough and I may find myself wishing I could just go back to a "nice" PCP workout.

The meditation portion is happening.  Not sure what to focus on but I have found it easy to soften my gaze and just be still and meditate for the 3-5 minutes.  The time goes by quickly, or maybe my brain is busy thinking about what the day has in store for me.

Patrick, when we take breathes during the stretching portion, should they be similar to yoga deep breathing - in through the nose and out through the mouth (with a nice HA sound)?  Nice long inhales followed by nice long exhales?  

1 comment:

  1. Ellen.

    Hello. And I am glad to meet you and be doing this interesting thing with you.

    You just finished PCP right? In December? Perfect to start this so soon. I ended ... was it in August? I forget. You will learn that I have almost no sense of time. Great sense of direction...but time...ehhhh....

    By the way, you're the one who works for the drug company. Right? I had this brilliant idea last night about pills. Why don't the drug companies make pills in unique shapes...like little red and pink hearts for heart medicine, and yellow pills with suns painted on them for anti depressants and big smiles for stomach pills and so on. Then people could remember what was what and also it would bring a smile to their face as they threw the pill in the hatch and swallowed. Just an idea.

    All right.

    Now - meditation. Yes. Soft gaze. That is a great phrase. Soften my gaze. I am going to think on that tonight when I meditate.

    It sounds like you are off to a flying good start.

    Yahooooo@@@@ Ellen. Yahoo.

    ReplyDelete