Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm already Kung Fu-ey?? Neat.

During yesterday's workout I got a nice surprise.  I have a regular recreational volleyball league on Wednesday evenings and I didn't have a chance to do my workout in the morning.  So I decided to do the workout at the gym.  I found a nice cozy spot with little foot traffic and went at it.  While I was doing my forward straight kick's, a guy walked up to me and said, "What? Are you like training to be the next karate kid?"  I laughed and said, "No, they already made that movie!" He then when on to comment saying he was just kidding.  That he noticed I was very good at it and continued to mumble and walk away at the same time saying he made it up to green belt or something there of.  Anyway, I would have continued saying, "Umm, sure...really this is only my 5th day of doing kicks, but whatever!"  So that was an unexpected surprise.  To be told I look like I'm really good at doing kicks is kinda cool.  I've always been good at acting as if...acting as if I know what I'm doing...acting as if this is been something I've been doing for a long time.  Guess it helps keep me confident.  Not egotistical, I want to be informed when I'm wrong or that there might be a better way to do something, but the feeling of doing something right, that is something I really like.

Today's workout went by fast.  After watching the stances video, it really helped point out what I need to do better.  The meditation part went by so fast, it's as if I blinked and 5 minutes went by.  My mind was definitely racing though, thinking about the life I've made for myself and am I truly happy.

Looking forward to today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a positive post!! Nice to have some guy at the gym encouraging your kicks. Cool. Confidence is important to gathering skill, don't you think? I'm sure you've found this with volleyball.

    Meditation. Happy! Wow. So glad you are happy. The life you've made for yourself. I like that.

    Carry on.

    ReplyDelete