Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Good Few Days

The past few days have gone really well.  I'm enjoying the workouts and the added strap enhanced stretches.  The kung fu sit-ups are still way tough, but at least this time around (first time was through PCP) I can actually do a couple in a row at a time with minimal swinging.  Neat!  Although it feels like I've gotten a tetanus shot in both arms, cause they are both oddly sore.  Maybe it's from the weighted blocks or the double punches.  I don't know, either way, I've had a few days in a row of feeling good and it is pretty awesome to acknowledge that.

The diet is going pretty well.  I decided against going to a birthday lunch because I was really worried about sticking to the nutrition plan.  They were going for Pho and well, I just knew I would have trouble ordering anything but Pho, so I didn't go.

This weekend will be a test diet wise as well.  My women's volleyball team is traveling back to Michigan (my home state) to compete in an annual volleyball tournament.  I am excited for the exclusive all women's trip and for the volleyball.  I am excited to see old friends and have them see the"new" me.  I am not too excited about the hanging out after-party that this tournament always hosts.  And gives free pitchers of beer to all tournament participants.  I know I can make good choices, they will be available, but the question is will I?

Tara mentioned in one of her recent blogs about how we are eating as medicine, to help repair and refresh our body.  A different mind-set of eating, rather than eating for pleasure or a way of coping.  I am very thankful to be doing KFB now as it is renewing my focus on eating.  Reiterating the fact that when I eat well, I feel better physically and mentally.  I hope I make good choices in Michigan.  I know I can, I just worry I won't because I'll be living in the moment.  Suppose I shouldn't worry about it, but it's hard not too.  Yeah, that has been the chatter in my head during meditation.

And with that I leave you with an iconic vision of my home town in Michigan.  Have a Kung Fu Weekend!

Joe Louis Fist

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like big fun coming up this weekend. I'll be thinking of you! Hang in there and do your best! I bet you'll see how much this work is affecting your volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to stick with the diet! I know we're not in the holiday season, but it seems everybody still has plenty of challenges, be they parties or kids. Nice job re-framing food for what it really means to your body--a cure (and prevention) for what ails us.

    Looking forward to reading about the tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOTOR CITY OH YEAH! Good for you for having a strong week. Food as medicine is a paradigm shift that will stick with you long after this is over, and that's the real point of the KFB. As always look forward to vollyeball/kung fu interactions.

    You're awesome Ellen!

    ReplyDelete