Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Patience is back, now I just need to Focus!

First, I am so thankful to have "dinner" back in my life.  Hooray for new diets!

Everyday I get up and I look forward to the workout.  The legs swings for time make the reps fly by.  I'm getting much better at the resting buddha hold.  The leg that I hold up is so close to being parallel to the floor.  The Kung Fu sit-ups are still super tough.  I will keep working on them though.  It's just hard to hold myself up there and to not be effected by the slight swaying.   I usually finish out my reps on the roman chair, when I eventually cave to the Kung Fu sit-ups...oh you sinister activity!

My patience is back and I think it is directly connected to my stress level.   The stress level has gone down, things are getting to where they need to be and I'm making better choices in my daily activities to reduce the stress.

This past weekend was full of exciting stuff.  Played in a very special volleyball tournament which was celebrating 100 years of occurrence, the Pop Idell.  It is the oldest running volleyball tournament in the United States, possibly in the world!  Anyhow, my team took 3rd and afterwards I celebrated with my mindful consumption of 2 slices of veggie pizza and a salad.  This mindful consumption went much better, but at the same time, was it really a mindful consumption??  The next morning I woke up and felt great.  I was full of energy as I ran my personal volleyball training session, did my workout and then celebrated the afternoon by shopping for a new wardrobe.  I was down to only 2 pairs of pants that fit well for work so it was time.

I think it caught up with me though...the dreaded cookie cravings.  I had 5 oreos last night.  And they weren't even mine, they were my roommates.  But even after I ate all my nutrition plan foods for the day, I was still ravenous.  At a moment of weakness, I caved and had 3 Oreos and then decided I needed 2 more shortly after.  Ugh.  Oh well, moving on from my weak point.  This morning I awoke and jumped rope for 20 solid minutes, mostly to make up for my moment of weakness.  And I'm back on track!

The Wu-wei Patrick has been addressing is quite interesting.  I have noticed that there are a lot of times I feel off balance on my leg swings, kicks and agility section.  I think it's just a matter of focusing and slowing things down when I can.

Also doing the double punch in 10 seconds or less, well I'm glad I didn't have a mirror, cause I felt like I looked silly moving so fast.  But I was tired after those!

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I'm now picuturing you punching an oreo cookie instead of a ping-pong ball!

    Everybody has moments of weakness; I've hit the banana date shakes a few times too often the past few weeks (it doesn't sound that bad, but I swear those things are almost as sweet as an oreo...)

    Nice job getting back on the 'horse' with double the rope. And 10 seconds on the double punch? You have inspired me to take the speed up a few gears...

    ReplyDelete